Come Fly With Me
We were approached with an offer for us to take over and produce the 2016 Come Fly With Me festival at Hobsonville’s ‘Bomb Point’ park area. Leaping at the opportunity, we created a one-day celebration of kites, flight and romance! As the event was taking place on Valentine’s Day, we were able to integrate a sense of love and caring into the day’s activities.
With amazing kites displays forming the main attraction point, we wanted to create a community-focused event that was all about getting active and involved. So as well as delicious food and a lush picnic area, we also facilitated:
- A kite decorating station with free kites for kids
- A pinwheel decorating and constructing area with local artists
- A parachute decorating and making area with our parachute specialist
- A Valentine’s-themed ‘Wings of Cupid’ game to get kids and their parents playing together
- A ‘Kite Olympics’ area for everyone to share and fly their kites in a series of fun games
With perfect weather and a fantastic turnout, the day turned into a fabulous celebration where everyone got involved.